Proz.com: How to stand out from the crowd
Having been a pioneering website for language service providers (LSPs) for more than 15 years, Proz.com is your window to the international translation market. With a certified Proz.com translation professional and mentor, and one of the top ten in his language pair, Muhammad Said will give you his 5-year secrets to stand out from the crowd.
- choosing the best timing to invest in Proz.com;
- making your profile more professional;
- bidding for a job or posting yours;
- making use of data from directories;
- answering KudoZ questions and why;
- preparing and sending your invoices for clients;
- making use of Blue Boards with potential and/or current clients;
- asking for your feedback to WWA & LWA;
- asking to be a Proz.com certified in your language pair;
- applying for voluntary work through Proz.com;
- choosing the right peers to learn from through videos and webinars.
Further, by the end of this lecture, you will know some practical techniques to get jobs from Proz.com clients, how to negotiate for your rates, and how to detect scammers.
- Fresh graduates and newbies who are interested in getting familiar with the international translation market;
- Professional translators who are feeling frustrated from the low-rate local market.
If you are interested in gaining more experience globally, do not hesitate to take your first step with us and hit the ‘Apply’ button below.