SDL Trados Studio 2015 Training Course
With an SDL Trados Studio certified translator, you will learn the most prominent and commonly used CAT tool in the translation industry. By the end of this course, trainees are expected to know the features of this tool, especially the tips and tricks, of working with SDL Trados Studio 2015. Further, they will learn how to raise their productivity and maintain the highest level of translation quality.
This course is designed for users who want to get familiar with SDL Trados Studio 2015 quickly so that you can start working productively from day one.
- Introduction to CAT technologies: what are a translation memory (TM), termbase (TB), and AutoSuggest dictionary?
- Overview of the application
- Configuring the application to your personal preferences
- Translating MS Office files in SDL Trados Studio making use of the most common features
- Delivering the finished translation
- Working within the translation supply chain - using SDL Trados Studio to process project packages (SDL Trados Studio packages)
- Delivering translation jobs to the supply chain
- Creating TMs and termbases using legacy content (e.g. converting Excel glossaries, aligning already translated documents, and generating your own AutoSuggest dictionaries)
- Effectively processing multiple files through projects
- Batch tasks, e.g. document pre-translation
- Project statistics and reports
- Advanced editor features
- Automated quality assurance
- Review processes
- translation memory maintenance – keeping your TM resources lean and efficient
- customized automatic quality assurance rules
- enhanced workflows for different file types: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Some tips and trick to raise your productivity when translating or revising projects.
- This course will be 16 hours through 4 sessions, 4 hours for each.
This course is designed for translators who have never used SDL Trados Studio 2015 before and want to get started with the application to be productive from day one.
Basic understanding of PCs, the Windows operating system, and MS Office.